T-PEN (transcription for paleographical and editorial notation)
T‑PEN (transcription for paleographical and editorial notation) is a web-based tool for working with images of manuscripts. Users attach transcription data (new or uploaded) to the actual lines of the original manuscript in a simple, flexible interface.
T-PEN automatically recognizes columns and lines. This automatical layout segmentation can be modified by the users before transcribing.
- is an open and general tool for scholars of any technical expertise level
- allows transcriptions to be created, manipulated, and viewed in many ways
- collaborate with others through simple project management
- exports transcriptions as a pdf, XML(plaintext) for further processing, or contribute to a collaborating institution with a click
- respects existing and emerging standards for text, image, and annotation data storage
- avoids prejudice in data, allowing users to find new ways to work